If you already hold one of these positions, please let Mandy know of your intention to seek election again or of your intention to vacate the seat.
Please see the below from BTA Vice President, Mandy Gersten:
BTA ELECTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE ON WED. MARCH 20
Nominations are being accepted for the following openings and should be submitted in writing or email to Mandy Gersten by March 13, 2011.
Nominations must include the nominee’s signature or come from the nominee's email account. Candidates may nominate themselves for any position.
Elections take place on March 20.
● 6 representatives to the BTA Executive Council
● Two members of the Salary Committee
● Two NYSUT Representatives
● One Representative to NYS Teachers Retirement System
For Your Information:
1) Executive Council Representatives are required to attend one Monday meeting each month from 3:00 until approximately 4:15. The Council discusses issues and concerns of the BTA members, and serves as a
planning committee for the year’s programs and activities. Members of the executive council will serve on various committees and act as liaisons to the membership.
2) Officers and Council Reps serve two year terms. Salary Committee members serve three year terms.
3) NYSUT Representatives attend regular ED meetings and the NYSUT representative assembly and report to the membership.
Volunteers needed to person the polls in the Faculty Room on Wed. March 20 from 11-3. Please submit your name to Mandy Gersten by Wed. March 13.